Dakotas Walk to Emmaus Board Minutes- April 4, 2020
Board Members Present: Hazel Behrens, Kevin Klare, Scott Nikont, Carmen Nikont, Ron Olson, Dulcey Rufledt, Pastor Val Rush, Andy Ryks, Susie Ryks, Tonya Whitmore, Jeanne Olson.
Pastor Val Rush led the opening prayer.
Dulcey Rufledt was welcomed to the board.
A treasurer’s report was not presented; however, Scott Nikont will check with Steve Eliason about any refunds from the spring walk that may need to be sent.
- The contracts and dates were discussed. Andy Ryks made a motion to approve the contracts for the 2020 men’s walk on October 1st-4th, 2020, and the Women’s Walk on October 8th-11th, 2020. The motion was seconded by Ron Olson. Motion carried.
- The board also discussed that the fees charged by the facilities have increased. Val Rush made a motion to increase our fee to keep in line with fee increases from the facilities. This was seconded by Tonya Whitmore. Motion carried. The fee for the fall walks will be $155.
- The board approved Clint Woods as the Lay Director for the men’s walk and Kristen Britt as the Lay Director for the women’s walk.
- Board members will contact spring walk team members about collecting manuals. If possible, a manual may be dropped off at a board member’s home. The board also discussed emailing digital manuals to new team members. Tonya Whitmore will contact the Upper Room about possible options.
- Recommendations were made of possible new board members. Members agreed that new members should have some understanding of both the conference room and Agape.
- Current board member positions and vacancies were discussed. Tonya Whitmore will email the descriptions and responsibilities to board members so that the 2020 board can be finalized at the May meeting.
Trailer and Supplies:
- Dale Hora is making new carts for the trailer that will be lighter and easier to move. Several members met at Dale and Peggy Horas to sort through and organize the materials in plastic tubs. Hazel Behrens will contact Peggy to put together a supplies list for the Agape Chairs to use.
- Tonya Whitmore will donate a laminator.
The next board meeting is scheduled for May 16th.
The meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted by
Lay Director of Board